Facts on Family Caregiving
- Someone caring for a parent has been doing so for an average of 20 hours a week for four years.
- One in three adult caregivers is also raising a child under the age of 18.
- One in three adult caregivers is helping their family member get dressed or go to the bathroom.
- Nearly two-thirds of adult caregivers take time off during the workday, while 17 percent take a formal leave of absence and 10 percent take early retirement.
- About 70 percent of adult caregivers get help from family members, friends or neighbors.
- About 40 percent rely on help from paid caregivers.
- Someone caring for a spouse spends more than 30 hours a week directly caring for their loved one and is less likely to get help from relatives or friends.
Never has a name been so true as "Right at Home". The service makes a person feel so special and comfortable. Our caregiver is our special angel. This is one of the best companies I have ever seen. They excel at every aspect of their service. Right at home symbolizes caring compassion understanding and full service. Truly they are amazing!