Facts on Family Caregiving
- Someone caring for a parent has been doing so for an average of 20 hours a week for four years.
- One in three adult caregivers is also raising a child under the age of 18.
- One in three adult caregivers is helping their family member get dressed or go to the bathroom.
- Nearly two-thirds of adult caregivers take time off during the workday, while 17 percent take a formal leave of absence and 10 percent take early retirement.
- About 70 percent of adult caregivers get help from family members, friends or neighbors.
- About 40 percent rely on help from paid caregivers.
- Someone caring for a spouse spends more than 30 hours a week directly caring for their loved one and is less likely to get help from relatives or friends.
My family has experienced a traumatic injury. I was attempting to do it all by myself and finally reached the point of being overwhelmed. I contacted Right at Home and the Owner of he company was at my house that day! All the little and big things I could not find the time to do are now taken care of. Now I have the assurance that I can leave my home and know that I have an experienced, licensed professional taking care of my family. Always on time, honest, professional, trustworthy, hard working, articulate and caring. I was pleasently surprised to have Right at Home's Director of Quality Assurance drop by for a visit to make sure I was getting what I needed and in such a manner that was safe and of the highest standard. I feel now that Right at Home is an extension of my family. I trust them. I need them. They are here for me.