Questions to Ask When Hiring a Caregiver
In Home Caregivers
Finding an in home caregiver is an important part of caring for seniors and loved one. Right at Home specializes in providing trained and qualified in home caregivers to families across the United States. There are many factors and questions to ask someone looking to provide in home care.
If you decide on in-home care, there are several questions you should ask to ensure that your loved one will stay safe, healthy and happy:
- What happens if you or your caregiver becomes ill or are otherwise unavailable? What are the alternate arrangements?
- Do you pay your federal and state taxes, Social Security (FICA) and unemployment insurance, so that our family is not legally responsible?
- Can you verify that you and your caregivers are legally able to work in the United States?
- If you or your caregiver are injured at a client's residence, who is responsible? (Many homeowner's insurance policies exclude injuries to "domestic employees.")
- Do you perform criminal background checks and state abuse registry checks? Do you check caregivers' references from prior work history?
- Are you bonded or insured in case one of your clients is injured or there's a theft?
- How do you document that your services were indeed completed?
I'm grateful to have my caregiver for my companion. She is a beautiful person, plus very helpful in so many ways. She is always willing to help with my need I think we have a wonderful friendship too. She has been with me many years and I hope many more. Right at Home is a very wonderful company and supply many of us with the best of help. My caregiver is always happy and that is great for me cause it's catching. Thank you Right at Home.