Signs Your Loved One's Needs Are Changing
It can often be hard to tell when aging is affecting a family member. Don't ignore the warning signs, because small things can add up to a larger challenge incredibly fast. If you notice certain changes in your loved one, it might be time to seek outside help:
- Changes in relationships with family and friends.
- Withdrawal from social interactions.
- Unusual behavior, such as increased agitation, speaking loudly or little talking at all.
- Neglecting personal care, such as hygiene or nutrition.
- Signs of forgetfulness, such as piles of unopened mail, unwashed laundry and scorched or dirty cookware.
- Mismanagement of finances, such as unpaid bills or unusual purchases.
I think one thing you can't deny is knowing you've made a difference in someone's life. Whether in a post-op or hospice scenario you are truly adding to that persons quality of life. I love being a CNA and I enjoy being employed by Right at Home.
Tami A., Right at Home Caregiver