Signs Your Loved One's Needs Are Changing
It can often be hard to tell when aging is affecting a family member. Don't ignore the warning signs, because small things can add up to a larger challenge incredibly fast. If you notice certain changes in your loved one, it might be time to seek outside help:
- Changes in relationships with family and friends.
- Withdrawal from social interactions.
- Unusual behavior, such as increased agitation, speaking loudly or little talking at all.
- Neglecting personal care, such as hygiene or nutrition.
- Signs of forgetfulness, such as piles of unopened mail, unwashed laundry and scorched or dirty cookware.
- Mismanagement of finances, such as unpaid bills or unusual purchases.
Right at Home has provided a continuous level of superior, professional companionship service to our 82-year-old mother who is afflicted with several Alzheimers-related medical issues. Through 24/7 supervision, Right at Home thoughtfully selected and assembled a qualified team of caring companions and nurses who have demonstrated an extraordinary committment and compassion, often in a challenging environment. Tasked with several responsibilities ranging from grocery shopping, to light house keeping, medical appointments, and personal assistance, Right at Home's caregivers have dramatically improved our Mother's overall socialization, disposition and well-being.