Alzheimer's Care Services and Other Dementia
As a family member or friend of someone with Alzheimer’s and Dementia, you shoulder a particularly heavy burden. Helping this person keep some sort of normalcy is key and the type of care needed is physically and emotionally demanding. Right at Home is here to help. Understanding that you are not alone is the first step.
- Over 4.5 million people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
- About one in ten people over age 65 have the disease.
- Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia affect up to 50 percent of people over the age of 85.
Right at Home wants you to know that providing specialized non-medical Alzheimer’s care services in the home is one of the most positive ways you can help. Most Alzheimer's patients-particularly those in the early and middle stages of the illness-can be cared for at home instead of at nursing homes or other facilities.
- More than half of all diagnosed Alzheimer's patients continue to live in home settings.
- 80 to 90 percent of these rely on family and friends for care.
With Right at Home’s specialty Alzheimer’s home care services, your loved one will receive a customized care regimen that will take into account their environment and special needs, thereby making daily life less difficult and stressful.
The Right at Home Alzheimer’s Care and Dementia Care services:
- Familiar frame of reference
- Freedom to move about in a more familiar and unrestricted space
- A way to minimize those stresses that can aggravate the symptoms of dementia and the Alzheimer’s disease
- Daily orientation to time, place, person
- Continuity of daily routines and schedule
Alzheimer's Care Information and Resources
- More than six million people in the U.S. and U.K. are living with Alzheimer's or dementia.
- About one in ten people over the age of 65 have Alzheimer's and the disease affects more than 50 percent of people over the age of 85.
- For a great resource on coping with Alzheimer's or dementia in your family, visit the caregiving section of the Alzheimer’s Association website.
One of my sons selected this agency. I appreciate that the caregivers are on time and do a good job. The people are really courteous. The caregivers are very good at what they do, and they are always asking me if they can do more. The caregivers will call ahead if they are running late. Right at Home has been very cooperative and has done a good job. If something happened and the caregiver couldn't come, the agency made sure to call in ample time to let you know.
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.
(267) 568-2638Contact Us »
- May 31, 2016 Read Full Entry »
- May 26, 2016 Read Full Entry »