Home Health Aide
When restrictions of aging, disability, chronic illness or cognitive difficulty make it challenging for individuals to care fully for themselves at home, home health aides can assist. A home health aide improves the quality of life for people through professional, hands-on care and compassionate kindness. For many Right at Home clients, a home health aide or caregiver becomes a trusted friend.
Home health aides with specialized training can administer a client’s medication or check vital signs under the direction of a registered nurse or other medical professional. Qualified home health aides may also change bandages and dressings and help with medical equipment. Typically, when in-home clients need skilled health care, home health aides are trained as a certified nursing assistant (CNA) or Patient Care Assistant (PCA).*
Role of a Home Health Aide
Home health aides provide everything from companionship to basic health assistance, including:
- Bathing and dressing
- Light housekeeping (laundry, vacuuming, etc.)
- Medication monitoring
- Grocery shopping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Transportation to doctor’s offices and other appointments
- Companionship visits
- Organization of schedules and appointments
- Physical exercise and at-home therapy exercises
In addition, many home health aides are also trained to check pulse, temperature, respiration, help with braces or artificial limbs and perform a number of skilled nursing duties.
Home health aides can also help with specific in-home care needs related to:
- Alzheimer’s and Other Related Dementia
- Hypertension/Stroke Recovery
- Heart Disease
- Cancer Recovery
- Hospice/Palliative Support
Why a Home Health Aide
You may be worried about a loved one recovering after surgery or who is weak and forgetful. Or, who needs a helping hand from time to time. Whatever the wellbeing of your adult or senior loved one—whether a dear parent or beloved family friend—Right at Home has our caregivers ready with the right people. At the right time, day or night. Right at Home home health aides offer personalized care that is professionally supervised so your loved one feels happy, safe and independent right at home . . . and you feel peace of mind.
* There is no standardized educational requirement for home health aides in the United Sates. Some states require specific health training classes and passing a competency exam. Check with your local Right at Home office about your state’s home health aide standards.
I'm grateful to have my caregiver for my companion. She is a beautiful person, plus very helpful in so many ways. She is always willing to help with my needs. I think we have a wonderful friendship too. She has been with me many years and I hope many more. Right at Home is a very wonderful company and supplies many of us with the best of help. My caregiver is always happy and that is great for me because it's catching. Thank you Right at Home.
- Oct 20, 2016 Read Full Entry »
- Oct 18, 2016 Read Full Entry »