Hypertension aka high blood pressure is a very common affliction for the elderly. It is often called a silent killer because you can have it for years without knowing it. In fact, about 50 million Americans have high blood pressure, but about 30 percent of them don't know it.
The best strategy for controlling and preventing high blood pressure is to begin with lifestyle changes. For the elderly this is often coupled with medication to reduce high blood pressure. Complications from medication can include inflamed and sore joints which reduce mobility. Right at Home’s specialty home care services can prepare a customized hypertension program that caters to your needs for striving toward a healthier lifestyle. These services include:
- Develop a light exercise schedule
- Coordinate a healthy meal plan
- Errand Services
- Grocery Shopping
- Incidental Shopping
- Laundry & Linen Washing
- Clothes Shopping
Hypertension/Stroke Information and Resources
- More than 50 million American and British citizens have high blood pressure. More than 30 percent of those affected don’t know it.
- Stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States.
- Up to 80 percent of strokes are preventable.
Right at Home helped my family and I through the many stages of elderly care. From just needing an extra hand around the house all the way to 24 hour hospice care. They have been excellent in selecting the right people for the job. I've recommended them to others who in turn have appreciated the services they provide.
- Dec 16, 2014 Read Full Entry »
- Dec 09, 2014 Read Full Entry »