Hypertension aka high blood pressure is a very common affliction for the elderly. It is often called a silent killer because you can have it for years without knowing it. In fact, about 50 million Americans have high blood pressure, but about 30 percent of them don't know it.
The best strategy for controlling and preventing high blood pressure is to begin with lifestyle changes. For the elderly this is often coupled with medication to reduce high blood pressure. Complications from medication can include inflamed and sore joints which reduce mobility. Right at Home’s specialty home care services can prepare a customized hypertension program that caters to your needs for striving toward a healthier lifestyle. These services include:
- Develop a light exercise schedule
- Coordinate a healthy meal plan
- Errand Services
- Grocery Shopping
- Incidental Shopping
- Laundry & Linen Washing
- Clothes Shopping
Hypertension/Stroke Information and Resources
- More than 50 million American and British citizens have high blood pressure. More than 30 percent of those affected don’t know it.
- Stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States.
- Up to 80 percent of strokes are preventable.
I wanted to thank Right at Home for helping take care of my grandmother after she fell and broke her toe. She had a care taker named Myrial who was absolutely wonderful and took great care of my grandmother during a time where she could not care for herself.
Myrial was attentive, caring, personable and professional. Everything you could ever ask for when needing someone to take care of one of your loved ones.
If we ever need any care taker services in the future, we will not hesitate to contact Right at Home! Thank you!
- Oct 20, 2016 Read Full Entry »
- Oct 18, 2016 Read Full Entry »