Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
Have you or any of your loved ones been diagnosed with arthritis or osteoarthritis? If so, you should know that, in most cases, people with osteoarthritis can lead full, active lives by properly managing the condition. In fact, osteoarthritis is one of the most frequent causes of physical disability among adults.
- More than 20 million people in the United States have the disease.
- By 2030, 20 percent of Americans—about 70 million people—will have passed their 65th birthday and will be at risk for osteoarthritis.
- More than half of the population age 65 or older would show x-ray evidence of osteoarthritis in at least one joint.
Simple, daily tasks can aggravate the condition and lead to frustration, weariness and depression. Right at Home has years of experience working with those suffering from osteoarthritis and has developed special elderly care services to help return some independence and comfort.
By alleviating some of the more tiring and mobility-oriented tasks, people with osteoarthritis can return to a fairly normal lifestyle. Right at Home’s caregivers provide these valuable elder care services including:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Errand Services
- Grocery Shopping
- Incidental Shopping
- Laundry & Linen Washing
- Clothes Shopping
- Recreational Activities
Osteoarthritis Information and Resources
- More than 22 million people in the U.S. and U.K. have some form of osteoarthritis.
- More than half of the population over the age of 65 would show osteoarthritis in at least one joint.
- For a great resource on living with osteoarthritis, visit Arthritis Today from the Arthritis Foundation.
Cannot say enough wonderful things about Right at Home. Right at Home was originally hired just to help with medications for my 83 year old father as he was alone in his home in Massachusetts while his four daughters live in Florida. As anyone that has an elderly loved one that lives out of state knows..it's hard to worry from afar. It was a great relief to know that Right at Home was checking on him and keeping in touch with us in Florida. The nurse was trustworthy, caring, kind and just fantastic in every way. Right at Home spent much time on the phone with us to help choose and get him into a rehab facility after he was sick last year, which I always felt was above and beyond. Just recently I was up in Massachusetts with my father because he had developed an infection. My dad refused to go to the hospital and the nurse from Right at Home stayed with us for an extra 4 hours or so until we could finally get the help my father desperately needed at the hospital. Again above and beyond. The Right at Home nurse was like an angel during this stressful time. Five stars is not enough to rate how much Right at Home helped us with our dad.