Home Health Aid
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):
- Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors
- Doing dishes
- Changing bed linens
- Doing laundry
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State licensing law for home health agencies.
- Current CPR Certificate is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- This position requires 75 hours or more (depending on your state) of technical training including:
- Checking vital
- Accu-check blood glucose level
- Urine sugar and acetone level
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
Cannot say enough wonderful things about Right at Home. Right at Home was originally hired just to help with medications for my 83-year-old father as he was alone in his home while his four daughters live in another state. As anyone that has an elderly loved one that lives out of state knows...it's hard to worry from afar. It was a great relief to know that Right at Home was checking on him and keeping in touch with us. The nurse was trustworthy, caring, kind and just fantastic in every way. Right at Home spent much time on the phone with us to help choose and get him into a rehab facility after he was sick last year, which I always felt was above and beyond. Just recently I was up visiting with my father because he had developed an infection. My dad refused to go to the hospital and the nurse from Right at Home stayed with us for an extra 4 hours or so until we could finally get the help my father desperately needed at the hospital. Again above and beyond. The Right at Home nurse was like an angel during this stressful time. Five stars is not enough to rate how much Right at Home helped us with our dad.