Home Health Aid
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):
- Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors
- Doing dishes
- Changing bed linens
- Doing laundry
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State licensing law for home health agencies.
- Current CPR Certificate is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- This position requires 75 hours or more (depending on your state) of technical training including:
- Checking vital
- Accu-check blood glucose level
- Urine sugar and acetone level
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
I am very thankful for the services that Right at Home provides for me and my family. As a medically disabled Veteran, the monitoring by the VA and the assistance from the staff at Right at Home enables me to live at HOME. Thank God for your office staff and Home Health staff. They go above and beyond helping me to remain Home. I can't say enough good things about them. Our caregiver is the greatest aide.
- Dec 16, 2014 Read Full Entry »
- Dec 09, 2014 Read Full Entry »