Home Health Aid
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):
- Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors
- Doing dishes
- Changing bed linens
- Doing laundry
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State licensing law for home health agencies.
- Current CPR Certificate is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- This position requires 75 hours or more (depending on your state) of technical training including:
- Checking vital
- Accu-check blood glucose level
- Urine sugar and acetone level
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
Never has a name been so true as "Right at Home". The service makes a person feel so special and comfortable. Our caregiver is our special angel. This is one of the best companies I have ever seen. They excel at every aspect of their service. Right at home symbolizes caring compassion understanding and full service. Truly they are amazing!