Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant/Personal Attendant
Supervises, feeds and dresses clients who, by reason of advanced age, physical disability or mental deficiency, need supervision. Also assists clients with other activities that are related to the clients' independent living and which cannot be performed by the clients alone due to health and or age limitations.
Performs personal care activities that assist the client with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):
- Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors
- Doing dishes
- Changing bed linens
- Doing laundry
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
Caregivers must spend at least 80% of their work time providing fellowship, care and protection for clients. Any general household work must be less than 20% of the caregiver's working time during each shift.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course as required by state law.
- Current CPR certificate is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- This position requires state-specific CNA certification.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
To find out if there are personal care assistant or nursing assistant positions available in your area, use our Job Opportunities Locator. To learn more about this position, download a PDF of this job description.
Right at Home helped my family and I through the many stages of elderly care. From just needing an extra hand around the house all the way to 24 hour hospice care. They have been excellent in selecting the right people for the job. I've recommended them to others who in turn have appreciated the services they provide.