Who We Are As Caregivers
As caregivers we have a history of providing higher quality of life to our patients and their families.
Right at Home of Charleston/Beckley was started by Eric Hicks in April of 2005. Mr. Hicks had worked in Long Term Care for over 12 years in various settings prior to opening his first office in Charleston, WV.
- 1985 Graduate of West Virginia University with a BA in Economics
- 17 years of experience in healthcare specializing in long term care
- 1993 -1997 - Director of Sales for a long term care contract Therapy Company where he averaged over 12 million dollars in sales in 1996 and in 1997.
- 1998 – Contracted with Theracare, a Long Term care contract therapy company; completed the task of helping them to reorganize their operations and become profitable under a new reimbursement system.
- 1999 – Worked for Beverly Enterprises as National Director of Sales to create a sales force to promote and sell contract therapy services to long term care facilities throughout the country.
- 2000 to 2002 - Worked for Polaris Group to sell and deliver Medicare consulting services to long term care facilities throughout the country.
- 2003 to 2005- Employed as Manager of Market Development for HCR Manor Care. Responsibilities included training the sales staff and implementing customer service programs in their seven WV facilities.
Mr. Hicks was inspired to provide this service as a result of his own personal experience. In 2003 his stepmother needed assistance after a brief hospital stay and a four week stay in a skilled nursing facility for rehabilitation. Mr. Hicks conducted an exhaustive search for find a company that could help and after many failed attempts he decided to purchase a Right at Home franchise to service the people of Southern West Virginia.
Right At Home Corporate History:
Right at Home was founded by Allen Hager. For many years, Allen worked in healthcare as a hospital administrator. While in the hospital environment, he watched many of his patients – especially seniors – leave the facility and return home, but not necessarily return to health.
Once home, a lot of his former patients were unable to care for themselves.
Allen knew that with a little help, most of these people could lead healthy, happy lives in their own homes. But he also knew that there were very few companies that offered long term care for this kind of help. Allen didn't just jump in and start a franchising company, however.
First, he talked to dozens of families to understand the different kinds of challenges they faced and what kind of long term care would help. Then he became a certified nursing assistant so he could experience the needs of people who were still living in their home but who needed some professional assistance.
In 1995, Allen started Right at Home in Omaha, Nebraska. Five years later, he started branching into other regions of the country by carefully selecting franchisees who shared his passion for caring for those in their community.
Right at Home now has caregivers in more than 350 locations that serve tens of thousands of clients across the United States and around the world.
I think one thing you can't deny is knowing you've made a difference in someone's life. Whether in a post-op or hospice scenario you are truly adding to that person's quality of life. I love being a CNA and I enjoy being employed by Right at Home.
Tami A., Right at Home Caregiver
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.