Diabetes develops when your body becomes resistant to the effects of insulin or when your pancreas produces some, but not enough, insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. Insulin is a hormone produced in the pancreas that regulates the absorption of sugar into your cells.
For those with diabetes, leading a healthy and active life depends on good diabetes management. Good management reduces the risk of complications, such as heart and circulatory disease, which individuals with diabetes are three times more likely to develop.
Right at Home’s caregivers can work with you to develop a specially geared home health care program that focuses on diabetes management. These services can include:
- Education on how daily activities affect blood glucose levels
- Appropriate food and meal planning
- Exercise and activity suggestions
- Meal Preparation
- Grocery Shopping
Diabetes Information and Resources
- Almost 25 million people in the U.S. and U.K. live with diabetes. This is more than 7 percent of the respective populations.
- More than 1.5 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed every year.
- Almost 25 percent of people over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- More than 90 percent of diabetics have type 2 diabetes.
- For a great resource on diabetes health, visit the Living with Diabetes section at the American Diabetes Association.
I'm grateful to have my caregiver for my companion. She is a beautiful person, plus very helpful in so many ways. She is always willing to help with my needs. I think we have a wonderful friendship too. She has been with me many years and I hope many more. Right at Home is a very wonderful company and supplies many of us with the best of help. My caregiver is always happy and that is great for me because it's catching. Thank you Right at Home.
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.
630-879-1965Contact Us »
Moving Day® 2015
Join Right at Home Fox Valley for National Moving Day 2015 on Sunday, October 18th.Learn More »