Diabetes develops when your body becomes resistant to the effects of insulin or when your pancreas produces some, but not enough, insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. Insulin is a hormone produced in the pancreas that regulates the absorption of sugar into your cells.
For those with diabetes, leading a healthy and active life depends on good diabetes management. Good management reduces the risk of complications, such as heart and circulatory disease, which individuals with diabetes are three times more likely to develop.
Right at Home’s caregivers can work with you to develop a specially geared home health care program that focuses on diabetes management. These services can include:
- Education on how daily activities affect blood glucose levels
- Appropriate food and meal planning
- Exercise and activity suggestions
- Meal Preparation
- Grocery Shopping
Diabetes Information and Resources
- Almost 25 million people in the U.S. and U.K. live with diabetes. This is more than 7 percent of the respective populations.
- More than 1.5 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed every year.
- Almost 25 percent of people over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- More than 90 percent of diabetics have type 2 diabetes.
- For a great resource on diabetes health, visit the Living with Diabetes section at the American Diabetes Association.
We started working with Right at Home about a month ago to provide services for my mother who has Alzheimer's and to provide support to my father (her primary caregiver) six days a week. So far we have had an excellent experience. The caregivers are supportive, caring people and have given my Dad a much deserved break as well as providing knowledgeable care for my Mom. I have also been impressed with the structures and processes put in place to insure that we get consistent, reliable care. Our relationship with Right at Home is still new but we couldn't be happier.
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.
630-879-1965Contact Us »
Moving Day® 2014 Photos
Thank you to everyone who came out for Moving Day® 2014! We had a great time and we hope you did, too!See the Photo Gallery »