In-Home Care Services Specialized for Seniors with Heart Conditions
Arteriosclerosis or “hardening of the arteries” occurs when the inside walls of an artery become thicker and less elastic. The thickening reduces the area available for blood flow. Although arteriosclerosis reveals few symptoms at first, as plaque grows, it narrows the artery and in some cases blocks it entirely. This can lead to angina and heart attacks.
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) is often encountered in the elder care field. It occurs when the heart cannot pump out enough blood to meet the needs of the body. All forms of heart disease may eventually lead to CHF. CHF is the most common cause of death for people over the age of 65. Approximately 75% of our clients are over the age of 65, making this disease very important in the senior health care arena.
Right at Home has extensive experience in prevention and care with regard to home care solutions for clients with Heart Disease. We can customize a program that puts our client on a heart healthy diet, assist with physician-prescribed special exercises for heart clients, and help with daily activities of living. The daily activities most often requested by our clients with Heart Disease include:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Errand Services
- Grocery Shopping
- Incidental Shopping
- Laundry & Linen Washing
- Clothes Shopping
- Develops and/or implements a heart healthy diet (including shopping and meal preparation, if necessary)
- Assists with physician-prescribed exercises
- Helps with the daily activities of living (such as Homemaking and Hygiene)
- Provides medication reminders
Heart Disease Information and Resources
- More than 80 million people in the U.S. and U.K. have some form of cardiovascular disease.
- More than 35 percent of all deaths in those countries can be attributed to heart disease.
- For a great resource on living with and preventing heart disease, visit the American Heart Association’s Healthy Lifestyle section.
Right at Home has provided a continuous level of superior, professional companionship service to our 82-year-old mother who is afflicted with several Alzheimers-related medical issues. Through 24/7 supervision, Right at Home thoughtfully selected and assembled a qualified team of caring companions and nurses who have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment and compassion, often in a challenging environment. Tasked with several responsibilities ranging from grocery shopping, to light house keeping, medical appointments, and personal assistance, Right at Home's caregivers have dramatically improved our Mother's overall socialization, disposition and well-being.
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.