Diabetes develops when your body becomes resistant to the effects of insulin or when your pancreas produces some, but not enough, insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. Insulin is a hormone produced in the pancreas that regulates the absorption of sugar into your cells.
For those with diabetes, leading a healthy and active life depends on good diabetes management. Good management reduces the risk of complications, such as heart and circulatory disease, which individuals with diabetes are three times more likely to develop.
Right at Home’s caregivers can work with you to develop a specially geared home health care program that focuses on diabetes management. These services can include:
- Education on how daily activities affect blood glucose levels
- Appropriate food and meal planning
- Exercise and activity suggestions
- Meal Preparation
- Grocery Shopping
Diabetes Information and Resources
- Almost 25 million people in the U.S. and U.K. live with diabetes. This is more than 7 percent of the respective populations.
- More than 1.5 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed every year.
- Almost 25 percent of people over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- More than 90 percent of diabetics have type 2 diabetes.
- For a great resource on diabetes health, visit the Living with Diabetes section at the American Diabetes Association.
"We have used Right at Home for my mom since 2005. I never worry about her since I know she is with loving caregivers. This is important when I am out of town a large part of the time. They are dependable and communicate immediately to me if there is a problem (ie: unusual behavior on my mom's part) I can phone the office with questions 24/7 and get immediate trun-around on my phone calls. When my mother has issues that I can't understand, I can always reach the nurses who can answer any medical questions. These and many more attributes I probably have missed makes Right at Home the only service for us. The caregivers decorate mom's room, help her with her makeup. On and on it goes."
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.