Diabetes develops when your body becomes resistant to the effects of insulin or when your pancreas produces some, but not enough, insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. Insulin is a hormone produced in the pancreas that regulates the absorption of sugar into your cells.
For those with diabetes, leading a healthy and active life depends on good diabetes management. Good management reduces the risk of complications, such as heart and circulatory disease, which individuals with diabetes are three times more likely to develop.
Right at Home’s caregivers can work with you to develop a specially geared home health care program that focuses on diabetes management. These services can include:
- Education on how daily activities affect blood glucose levels
- Appropriate food and meal planning
- Exercise and activity suggestions
- Meal Preparation
- Grocery Shopping
Diabetes Information and Resources
- Almost 25 million people in the U.S. and U.K. live with diabetes. This is more than 7 percent of the respective populations.
- More than 1.5 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed every year.
- Almost 25 percent of people over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- More than 90 percent of diabetics have type 2 diabetes.
- For a great resource on diabetes health, visit the Living with Diabetes section at the American Diabetes Association.
I am a RN and Certified Case Manager and have worked with Right at Home on various cases. They have and are providing various levels of care/companionship to clients of mine who suffer from a wide variety of ailments including but not limited to Dementia, Traumatic Brain Injury and general disability. Words cannot describe how much I have appreciated their responsiveness and receptiveness to client needs. They have proved efficient in caring for both my geriatric and younger disabled clients. I would recommend this agency to anyone in need of in home care or even additional care for those residing in facilities.
Jennifer - Case Manager
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.
559-228-8918Contact Us »
- Dec 16, 2014 Read Full Entry »
- Dec 09, 2014 Read Full Entry »