Alzheimer's Care Services and Other Dementia
As a family member or friend of someone with Alzheimer’s and Dementia, you shoulder a particularly heavy burden. Helping this person keep some sort of normalcy is key and the type of care needed is physically and emotionally demanding. Right at Home is here to help. Understanding that you are not alone is the first step.
- Over 4.5 million people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
- About one in ten people over age 65 have the disease.
- Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia affect up to 50 percent of people over the age of 85.
Right at Home wants you to know that providing specialized non-medical Alzheimer’s care services in the home is one of the most positive ways you can help. Most Alzheimer's patients-particularly those in the early and middle stages of the illness-can be cared for at home instead of at nursing homes or other facilities.
- More than half of all diagnosed Alzheimer's patients continue to live in home settings.
- 80 to 90 percent of these rely on family and friends for care.
With Right at Home’s specialty Alzheimer’s home care services, your loved one will receive a customized care regimen that will take into account their environment and special needs, thereby making daily life less difficult and stressful.
The Right at Home Alzheimer’s Care and Dementia Care services:
- Familiar frame of reference
- Freedom to move about in a more familiar and unrestricted space
- A way to minimize those stresses that can aggravate the symptoms of dementia and the Alzheimer’s disease
- Daily orientation to time, place, person
- Continuity of daily routines and schedule
Alzheimer's Care Information and Resources
- More than six million people in the U.S. and U.K. are living with Alzheimer's or dementia.
- About one in ten people over the age of 65 have Alzheimer's and the disease affects more than 50 percent of people over the age of 85.
- For a great resource on coping with Alzheimer's or dementia in your family, visit the caregiving section of the Alzheimer’s Association website.
Dorothy B. and Gwenda H were very helpful and professional. Everyone I spoke to at Right at Home was patient and responsive.Thank You.
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.
708-873-9007Contact Us »
Moving Day® 2015
Join Right at Home Orland Park for National Moving Day 2015 on Sunday, October 18th.Learn More »
Join us as we Walk To End Alzheimer's
Right at Home Orland Park proud to be a Bronze Sponsor of the Walk to End Alzheimer's. The walk is the world's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's care, support and research.
Learn More »