Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
Have you or any of your loved ones been diagnosed with arthritis or osteoarthritis? If so, you should know that, in most cases, people with osteoarthritis can lead full, active lives by properly managing the condition. In fact, osteoarthritis is one of the most frequent causes of physical disability among adults.
- More than 20 million people in the United States have the disease.
- By 2030, 20 percent of Americans—about 70 million people—will have passed their 65th birthday and will be at risk for osteoarthritis.
- More than half of the population age 65 or older would show x-ray evidence of osteoarthritis in at least one joint.
Simple, daily tasks can aggravate the condition and lead to frustration, weariness and depression. Right at Home has years of experience working with those suffering from osteoarthritis and has developed special elderly care services to help return some independence and comfort.
By alleviating some of the more tiring and mobility-oriented tasks, people with osteoarthritis can return to a fairly normal lifestyle. Right at Home’s caregivers provide these valuable elder care services including:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Errand Services
- Grocery Shopping
- Incidental Shopping
- Laundry & Linen Washing
- Clothes Shopping
- Recreational Activities
Osteoarthritis Information and Resources
- More than 22 million people in the U.S. and U.K. have some form of osteoarthritis.
- More than half of the population over the age of 65 would show osteoarthritis in at least one joint.
- For a great resource on living with osteoarthritis, visit Arthritis Today from the Arthritis Foundation.
As an Octogenarian with limited movement and activity I cannot imagine life without help 24 hours a day. My live-in caregiver anticipates my every day needs: cooking, cleaning, rotating, driving to doctors, etc. They hire competent, courteous helpers.
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.
708-873-9007Contact Us »
Moving Day® 2015
Join Right at Home Orland Park for National Moving Day 2015 on Sunday, October 18th.Learn More »
Join us as we Walk To End Alzheimer's
Right at Home Orland Park proud to be a Bronze Sponsor of the Walk to End Alzheimer's. The walk is the world's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's care, support and research.
Learn More »