Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
Have you or any of your loved ones been diagnosed with arthritis or osteoarthritis? If so, you should know that, in most cases, people with osteoarthritis can lead full, active lives by properly managing the condition. In fact, osteoarthritis is one of the most frequent causes of physical disability among adults.
- More than 20 million people in the United States have the disease.
- By 2030, 20 percent of Americans—about 70 million people—will have passed their 65th birthday and will be at risk for osteoarthritis.
- More than half of the population age 65 or older would show x-ray evidence of osteoarthritis in at least one joint.
Simple, daily tasks can aggravate the condition and lead to frustration, weariness and depression. Right at Home has years of experience working with those suffering from osteoarthritis and has developed special elderly care services to help return some independence and comfort.
By alleviating some of the more tiring and mobility-oriented tasks, people with osteoarthritis can return to a fairly normal lifestyle. Right at Home’s caregivers provide these valuable elder care services including:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Errand Services
- Grocery Shopping
- Incidental Shopping
- Laundry & Linen Washing
- Clothes Shopping
- Recreational Activities
Osteoarthritis Information and Resources
- More than 22 million people in the U.S. and U.K. have some form of osteoarthritis.
- More than half of the population over the age of 65 would show osteoarthritis in at least one joint.
- For a great resource on living with osteoarthritis, visit Arthritis Today from the Arthritis Foundation.
I am a RN and Certified Case Manager and have worked with Right at Home on various cases. They have and are providing various levels of care/companionship to clients of mine who suffer from a wide variety of ailments including but not limited to Dementia, Traumatic Brain Injury and general disability. Words cannot describe how much I have appreciated their responsiveness and receptiveness to client needs. They have proved efficient in caring for both my geriatric and younger disabled clients. I would recommend this agency to anyone in need of in home care or even additional care for those residing in facilities.
Jennifer - Case Manager
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.
708-873-9007Contact Us »
Why we got into home care
Home Care Pulse Quality Management Program
Right at Home Orland Park is proud to be enrolled in the Home Care Pulse® Quality Management Program.Learn More »