NOTE: On-Line Application Link is at the bottom of this page!
Caregiver Job Description
Provides for the maintenance of safe and clean environment. Provides personal care assistance such as bathing, transfers, and incontinence care. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences. May provide transportation and errand assistance for the client.
- Adheres to Right at Home policies and procedures.
- Performs work under the supervision of the Staffing Coordinator/Care Supervisor.
- Performs homemaking activities contained in the Client Home Record which includes, but is not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, laundry, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks for client according to client/family and supervisor’s instructions. May perform
- Grocery shopping, if prearranged with the office.
- Performs personal care functions such as ambulation assistance, transfer assistance, bed baths, shower assistance, incontinence care.
- The caregiver will provide assistance with activities, hobbies, etc.
- Provides companionship for the client including accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational
- The caregiver is responsible for written documentation of service provided.
- The caregiver should not contact the physician directly, but rather refer all questions or reports to the supervisor.
The caregiver will NOT perform any of the following:
- Any heavy lifting.
- Administering of any medications, ointments, eye drops, etc.
- Heavy duty household chores such as washing walls, waxing floors, washing windows, etc.
- Household repairs or maintenance
- Cut the fingernails or toenails of any client
- Take Vital Signs
Additional (non-essential) Functions
- Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor and clients care plan.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificates are recommended.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- CNA/Home Health Aid certificate preferred, but not required.
- One year of demonstrable, non-personal, family caregiving experience.
- A cell phone in good working order.
- Email access on a daily basis.
- The caregiver shall have successfully completed a written Competency Evaluation.
- Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick, and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile for work.
- Be willing to provide transportation for their client utilizing their vehicle.
Primarily works in client’s place of residence, travel required. Shift times and days vary with client needs.
May be called upon to perform additional tasks as required by supervisor.
$10.00 to $12.00 per hour
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.
(916) 779-0601Contact Us »
- Dec 16, 2014 Read Full Entry »
- Dec 09, 2014 Read Full Entry »