Alzheimer's Care Services and Other Dementia
As a family member or friend of someone with Alzheimer’s and Dementia, you shoulder a particularly heavy burden. Helping this person keep some sort of normalcy is key and the type of care needed is physically and emotionally demanding. Right at Home is here to help. Understanding that you are not alone is the first step.
- Over 4.5 million people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
- About one in ten people over age 65 have the disease.
- Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia affect up to 50 percent of people over the age of 85.
Right at Home wants you to know that providing specialized non-medical Alzheimer’s care services in the home is one of the most positive ways you can help. Most Alzheimer's patients-particularly those in the early and middle stages of the illness-can be cared for at home instead of at nursing homes or other facilities.
- More than half of all diagnosed Alzheimer's patients continue to live in home settings.
- 80 to 90 percent of these rely on family and friends for care.
With Right at Home’s specialty Alzheimer’s home care services, your loved one will receive a customized care regimen that will take into account their environment and special needs, thereby making daily life less difficult and stressful.
The Right at Home Alzheimer’s Care and Dementia Care services:
- Familiar frame of reference
- Freedom to move about in a more familiar and unrestricted space
- A way to minimize those stresses that can aggravate the symptoms of dementia and the Alzheimer’s disease
- Daily orientation to time, place, person
- Continuity of daily routines and schedule
Alzheimer's Care Information and Resources
- More than six million people in the U.S. and U.K. are living with Alzheimer's or dementia.
- About one in ten people over the age of 65 have Alzheimer's and the disease affects more than 50 percent of people over the age of 85.
- For a great resource on coping with Alzheimer's or dementia in your family, visit the caregiving section of the Alzheimer’s Association website.
Right at Home Caregivers
I was faced with an immediate need to help me with 24 x 7 care for my mother. I called Right at Home Santa Clara County based on a neighbor's recommendation. Within 2 hours of my call Denise met me in my mother's hospital room. It was important for my mom that she not be alone and that she had someone to reassure her where she was and to hold her hand. Denise inquired about what I needed - not just what my mom needed. Her goal was to allow me to be my mom's daughter not her are giver during her final days.
My mom's condition worsened and she was transferred to a nursing home for her final days. This transfer occurred on Christmas Eve Day. I did not want my mother to be alone at anytime and I called Denise for 24 x 7 caregiver support on Christmas Eve.
For the next few days, the caregivers, Angela, Miriam and Esperanza from Right at Home Santa Clara sat with my mom, keeping her company, holding her hand and reading to her so I could catch up on sleep and prepare the house for her return.
Unfortunately, my mother passed away before I could move her home and I am so grateful that Angela was with her and she was not alone. All of the ladies who cared for my mom were wonderful. If I had a need to use a care giver service again, I would definitely contact Denise from Right at Home Santa Clara County. Her personal service was exceptional and I felt sha had mine and my mother's needs covered at all times. I highly recomment using Righ at Home.
Give us a call.
We’re always available to discuss your particular situation and needs. Just call us at the number below. We’re here to help however we can.
408-496-0833Contact Us »
National Parkinson Foundation: Moving Day
Our office is a proud sponsor of Silicon Valley Moving Day
- Feb 26, 2016 Read Full Entry »
- Jan 05, 2016 Read Full Entry »