If your family member is one of the more than 20 million Americans who suffer from diabetes, Right at Home can help manage the disease through:
- Education of what affects blood glucose levels
- Coordination of a healthy meal plan
- Development of a light exercise schedule
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
Diabetes Information and Resources
- Almost 25 million people in the U.S. and U.K. live with diabetes. This is more than 7 percent of the respective populations.
- More than 1.5 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed every year.
- Almost 25 percent of people over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- More than 90 percent of diabetics have type 2 diabetes.
- For a great resource on diabetes health, visit the Living with Diabetes section at the American Diabetes Association.
Right at Home has a stellar reputation for providing excellent care and going the extra mile. In fact, we've found that Right at Home's owners and staff are more creative in their approach to care, which results in superb service for our clients.
Kathleen D., RN, BC, CMC, Geriatric Care Manager