Why Work at Right at Home Albany?
- Do you miss the opportunity to provide One-on-One care?
- Do you long for fulfilling work that gives you a sense of purpose?
- Do you love seeing that special smile knowing you have made their day better?
We are a rapidly growing agency that focuses on improving the quality of our care for our clients. We want those caregivers who truly love helping and making a difference in people's lives. We honor your time, match clients to caregivers, provide on-going training and incentives.
We are looking for HHA/PCAs in the Saratoga and Rensselaer Counties area.
Home Health Aides (HHA) / Personal Care Aide (PCA) provides various personal care services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. These are based on client needs.
Shifts could include: Days, nights, overnights, and weekends.
Home Health Aide/Personal Care Aide Essential Functions
- Adheres to Right at Home policies and procedures.
- Performs work under the supervision of the President/CEO and Staffing Coordinator
- Performs personal care activities: personal hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, shaving, meal preparation.
- Performs other assigned activities that are taught by a RN for a specific patient. These include assisting with: the change of an ostomy appliances, reinforcement of dressings (non-sterile), the use of devices for aid to daily living, prescribed range of motion exercises, self administered simple urine tests, measuring and preparing special diets, measuring intake and output, taking vital signs, application of an external catheter, assist with application of arm sling, arm or leg splint.
- Performs homemaking activities: vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, laundry, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks for client according to client/family and supervisor’s instructions.
- May perform grocery shopping, if prearranged with the office.
- Provides companionship for the client including accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- The home health aide is responsible for written documentation of service provided.
- Aides will receive at least 12 hours of in-service training per year, which is monitored by the nursing supervisor.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a home health aide in health care and successful completion of state approved home health aide course.
- The Home Health Aide shall have successfully completed a written Competency Evaluation.
- Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick, and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Have valid driver's license and use of an insured automobile for work.
Primarily works in client's place of residence, travel required. Shift times and days vary with client needs.