Registered Nurse (RN) for admits.
Full Time, salaried position available immediately.
To provide nursing care in accordance with the patient's plan of care to include comprehensive health and psycho-social evaluation, monitoring of the patient’s condition, health promotion and prevention coordination of services, teaching and training activities and direct nursing care
- Determining eligibility and initiating a comprehensive plan of care based on the needs of each patient.
- Evaluating patients for eligibility for Home Health services utilizing medical records and CMS guidelines.
- Collaborating on Multi-disciplinary teams to assure a patient-centered plan of care based on patient's needs and goals of treatment.
- Developing a comprehensive Home Health plan of care incorporating patient goals and expected outcomes of treatment.
- Thorough Documentation of physical, psychological and social assessments.
- Performing a thorough medication reconciliation during the admission process and providing patient with medication instruction.
- Performing routine Home Health visits as needed under the direction of the Director of Nursing. Reporting changes in patient needs or status to the Director of Nursing and Physician as appropriate.
- Provides admission, follow-up, re-cert, discharge, and routine skilled nursing visits
- Develops initial plan of care based on physician’s orders and patient assessment
- Makes revisions to plan of care as required in consultation with physician based on the ongoing assessment of patient
- Educates patient/caregiver on patient’s condition and steps needed to ensure proper recovery
- Case management of patient
- Participation in Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement process
- Completes OASIS assessment
- Develops home health aide care plan and performs supervisory visits as required.
- Ability to request Prior Authorization using the Plan of Care(485) and the Face to Face (F2F).
- Possesses working knowledge of the Conditions of Participation(G-Tags)
Qualified persons have the potential or the abilities to be Director of Nursing and Administrator or Alternate Director of Nursing and Alt. Administrator. Possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to work independently. Must be able to develop relationships with case managers and social workers at the hospitals.