Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
*Please be sure to fill out the form through the link completely before submitting*
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with incontinence care
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successfully completes a RAH Competency Evaluation that meets the TX State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Current TB test results
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Ability to provide documentation stating eligibility to work in the United States (Social Security card, birth certificate, etc.)
- Possess a valid driver’s license, auto insurance (in your name) and a reliable vehicle to transport clients, if applicable.
- Available for varied schedules including weekends, overnights and holidays.
- Ability to pass Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicle Records Check
*Please be sure to fill out the form through this link completely before submitting*