Frequently asked questions about Right at Home Austin West
What are some helpful links related to home care in Austin?
How do I pay for in home care?
Where do we provide services?
What are the costs of your services?
Do you provide transportation?
Is there a contract?
Do you take insurance?
While most in home care services are private pay based, there are other options.
1. Self pay from savings
2. The family pitches in to pay
3. Medicaid (Health Insurance and Long Term Care Insurance for low income)
- Amount and eligibility varies by state
- Typically will be receiving federal SSI
- If not receiving SSI, most likely will need to meet state's poverty definition
- In some states, medically needy
4. Long Term Care Insurance
- Separate self insurance policy purchased for this and other services not covered by health insurance
- Wealth through "set asides" or savings specifically for a "rainy day"
- Life Insurance with LTC coverage
- Sale of Assets
5. Reverse Mortgage
- Borrowing against the equity in a home for older people
6. Life and viatical settlements
- Sale of life insurance policy to investors
- Viaticals for very short life expectancies (two years or less)
- Surrender life insurance policy for its cash value
- Take a loan out against the surrender value
- Accelerated Death Benefit (surrender policy for some portion paid now)
7. Veterans Aid and Attendance Program
- Multiple requirements to qualify
- Must have served during wartime and homebound with multiple ADL's
- Must have the expense first to qualify for this program
These are only a few options and is not intended to be a complete list.
Our local office is part of an international network of in-home healthcare. Right at Home has hundreds of locally owned offices all across the United States and throughout the world. Right at Home Austin West provides services for communities of Austin, Bastrop, Bee Caves, Burnet, Circle C, Driftwood, Dripping Springs, Elgin, Lakeway, Manchaca, Marble Falls, Rollingwood, Smithville, Spicewood, Steiner Ranch, Tarrytown, Village of the Hills, Westlake, Westlake Hills, and Wimberley.
Every family we serve receives a Custom Care Plan specific to their needs and budget. Several factors help determine the exact cost: Number of hours of care per week, Level of home care services received (non-medical, skilled nursing, etc.), and Area of the country where services are provided. Our services are typically billed on an hourly basis. This makes it easy to make a Custom Care Plan for you. To discuss the exact rates for the services you may need, contact our office. We’ll set up an in-home consultation to begin discussing a Custom Care Plan and the rates for each service on your plan. We always provide a written rate sheet prior to initiating services. Rates will never be increased without at least thirty days notice.
Yes. As long as you are able to transfer in and out of the car on your own.
No. We have an agreement that you can cancel at any time.
We do take Long Term Care insurance or any insurance that will pay for non-medical in home care.