Location: Baltimore/Baltimore City
A Live-In caregiver provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Performs homemaking activities and is responsible for total client care while in the home.
The following qualifications are required:
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- One year experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Experience with Dementia and Alzheimer's patients
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- All caregivers must pass a criminal background check. Background checks are required of those who are responsible for the care and safety of others.