Multi-Cultural Perspectives on Death and Dying
A Multicultural, Multi-Faith Event Featuring Gastonia Experts
Join Right at Home clinical manager Darlene Avery at an event hosted by Gaston Hospice, Faith and Health Ministry, Spiritual Care Department at CaroMont Health.
The event will feature a panel discussion with six local experts discussing death and dying from unique cultural and faith based points of view. Continuing Education Credits for nurses will be available. Please contact the event organizer for specifics. See registration information below.
Thursday October 25,2018
Free - Registration Required.
Cultural Considerations for Healthcare Professionals
- Healing Traditions
- Establishing Rapport with Patients
- Inquiring about Patient Beliefs
- Mourning and Grief
- Unique Challenges for Diverse Populations
- Gender Roles
- And More!
Local Faith and Culture Expert Panel
- Muslim - Rafat "Ray" Hamam, Islamic Society of Gastonia
- Jewish - Dr. Charles J. Brown, Temple Emanuel of Gastonia
- African-American Baptist - Reverend Dr. Benjamin Hinton, Tabernacle Baptist Church of Gastonia
- Wiccan/Pagan - Reverend Christopher Annon, High Priest of the Tribe of Truth Sanctuary
- Jehovah's Witnesses - Bryn Cernuda, Hospital Liaison for Jehovah's Witnesses, Minister
- Hispanic Catholic - Antonio Garcia, Lay Minister, Hispanic Ministry Coordinator Catholic Diocese of Charlotte
How to Register for the Event
The event is free and open to the public, to register contact Beverly Lutz at Caromont Health by phone at (704)861-8405 or by email at Beverly.Lutz@caromonthealth.org