Infographic: Managing Multiple Health Conditions at Home
According to the American Geriatrics Society, more than 80% of older adults are living with multiple health conditions. With each new health problem, things can become exponentially more complicated! A senior might see a number of different doctors, with many appointments to coordinate, and a confusing array of recommendations to follow. Medication management is another challenge. Many seniors take 10 or more medications—a complicated regimen, especially when we consider that a drug prescribed for one health problem could worsen another.
Friends and loved ones are often called upon to help these elders. For many families, professional in-home care is the key to helping loved ones juggle multiple conditions. Here’s a visual reminder of the many ways home care helps.
April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month. To learn how professional in-home care supports the well-being and safety of people with Parkinson’s disease, read “ Living at Home With Parkinson’s Disease ” in the Right at Home blog.
Managing Multiple Health Conditions at Home
The older we are, the higher our risk of health challenges such as …
- heart disease
- lung disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- sensory loss
8 ways professional in-home caregivers support health management for senior clients:
- Help coordinate health care appointments.
- Drive and accompany clients to medical appointments.
- Pick up prescriptions and provide medication reminders.
- Supervise exercise and other recommended activities.
- Grocery shop and prepare meals, including special diets.
- Provide housekeeping and laundry, and remove fall hazards.
- Assist with bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting.
- Provide memory care supervision and companionship.
With professional in-home caregivers on their loved one’s health care team, families have greater peace of mind. Contact Right at Home* today and ask for a FREE in-home consultation.
*In-home care services vary by location.