How to Select a Professional Senior Caregiver
Right at Home Owner, Grace Nguyen and Home Care Specialist, Shae Gonzalez talk with WWNN 1470AM
Family caregivers may realize they need additional help attending to a loved one for various reasons. Hiring a professional to provide services at home can provide much needed assistance, but taking the steps to find and select the right caregiver can be a new and unfamiliar situation.
Right at Home Boca Raton owner and administrator, Grace Nguyen, and Home Care Specialist, Shae Gonzalez met with WWNN 1470 AM, The Health and Wealth Network, on their show CareGiver Solutions with Marcia Teele to talk about some details to consider when making care arrangements.
A few of the topics covered include:
- Selecting a caregiver for a loved one who lives in another city or state
- Right at Home Boca Raton has experience dealing with both in-town and out of town families seeking help for seniors in Boca Raton
- The difference between a caregiver agency and a caregiver registry
- Right at Home Boca Raton is an agency, meaning they employ their caregivers and handle the caregiver payroll directly
- As an employer, Right at Home Boca Raton conducts extensive employee background checks
- As an employer, Right at Home Boca Raton provides thorough and ongoing training to their staff
- How to assess the type of professional care assistance needed
- Right at Home Boca Raton can provide caregivers who provide both hands on and hands off assistance
- Extra enrichment activities that caregivers might use to engage clients
- Right at Home Boca Raton offers Tai-Chi classes for both walking and wheelchair bound clients
- How Right at Home caregivers have used technology to connect their clients to relatives in distant locations
You can watch the full interview with Grace and Shae above.