This week Somerville Cambridge Elder Services site put out a great blog about the top 10 places to visit on the Social Security website. See the original post here.
Here is the playlist of the most important pages on the Social Security site:
- The Social Security Blog - Up to date information regarding Social Security that you can share with friends.
- Replace your Social Security card - Learn how to get a replacement card
- The online application for retirement benefits - well, that is easy!
- Know how much you can count on for future retirement benefits is the key to how long we will work.
- Here’s a convenient way to apply for disability benefits online!
- Need to find the publication library? This site hosts with online booklets and pamphlets (including audio versions) on numerous subjects.
- Social Security has a YouTube channel! Now you can watch your information
- Of course, Facebook is the social media of choice for Gen X and Boomers. You can join the conversation and follow their page.
- If you need answers to your Social Security questions, probably so do many other people. The Frequently Asked Questions page is the authoritative resource for what Americans want to know.
- If you open a personal Social Security account, you will enable you to verify your earnings, get future benefit estimates, obtain benefit verification letters, update your Social Security information, and more.
Thanks again to Somerville Cambridge Elder Services for bringing us this list.