Free CEU Webinar, “Navigating Caregiving Challenges With Early-Onset Alzheimer
Right at Home will be sponsoring a free webinar, “Navigating Caregiving Challenges With Early-Onset Alzheimer’s,” on Tuesday, April 30 from 1:00-2:00pm EST.
The presenter is Diane Darby Beach, Ph.D., M.P.H., a gerontologist with 28 years of experience in public health and elder care. The American Society on Aging will host the webinar. Contrary to popular belief, Alzheimer’s is not a disease specific to seniors. Early-onset Alzheimer’s appears in people under age 65 — about 5 percent of Alzheimer’s patients. This web seminar will provide an overview of early-onset Alzheimer’s disease, followed by information on the challenges patients and caregivers face with a diagnosis and care, including financial, legal and social issues. Participants in this webinar will be able to:
- Define early-onset Alzheimer’s.
- Describe the challenges associated with early-onset Alzheimer’s not typically seen with lateonset Alzheimer’s.
- Identify financial and legal issues facing families dealing with early-onset Alzheimer’s.
- List resources available to help those with early-onset Alzheimer’s and their caregivers.
One free CEU credit will be offered to all eligible attendees.
- Date: Tuesday, April 30
- Time: 1:00-2:00pm EST.
- Registration: To register for the webinar, please visit the American Society on Aging's website.