Caregiver: Personal Care
As a Caregiver, you want to work with a company that truly makes a difference in the world. Right at Home Boston NW wants to help and support you. We want to provide you with the opportunity to serve people who need you to improve their quality of life as they live in their own home.
What You’ll Do and Who You Are:
The good news is that our training will teach you everything you need to know to succeed on the job as a Caregiver/Personal Care Aide. But there are a few skills and attributes you should have from the get-go:
- You're honest, energetic, and approachable; able to get along and communicate easily with people, especially the elderly. You're never short of a smile and take real pride in your work; you are able to cope well under pressure and thrive on a challenge.
- You don’t mind getting a little dirty… this could include (but is not limited to) assisting your client with eating, personal hygiene, dressing, shaving. You will also help them with light housekeeping, laundry, and other household chores.
- You can prepare a good meal and know your way around a kitchen.
- You are able to assist your client in many ways... this could include (but is not limited to) medication reminders, going through prescribed range of motion exercises, dementia care, and companionship activities such as reading, music, puzzles, etc.
Perks of being a Caregiver at Right at Home:
- Flexibility! We work with you to set your schedule – we have shifts of anywhere from 2 hours to 12 hours
- PAID training and development
- Paid travel time & mileage between clients
- Medical Benefits - Including Vision & Dental
- Paid sick time
- 401K with company match
- Extremely Positive Work Environment
- RN Supervisors to answer your questions
- Access to Leadership
- Recognition, celebrations, and great team interactions!
- 18+ years of age
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
- A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before starting work
- High school diploma or GED
- Meet the requirements for employees providing direct patient care
- Pass a full employment background check
- Successful completion of a Competency Evaluation during the interview process that meets the State licensing law for home health agencies
- 6 months to 1 year experience as a personal caregiver (with an agency or private)
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended
- CNA, HHA, or PCA training certificate is preferred but your experience is also a factor
Why Join Our Team?
This is your chance to make a difference in the world by serving one person at a time as a Caregiver/Personal Care Aide.
Right at Home Boston NW (located in Bedford MA) has been providing outstanding care for over 18 years and we are a leader in the home care industry. We serve the towns of Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Billerica, Burlington, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Concord, Groton, Lexington, Littleton, Lincoln, Lowell, Tewksbury, Westford, Wilmington, Winchester, and Woburn, MA.
Here is what our employees say about us:
“It’s wonderful to work for a company that treats their employees with the same care and respect they want us to provide to clients.”
“I know I’m never alone! If I have a question or an issue, there is always someone available to help me. This means the world to me!”
We want to give you a job that you can count on in this time of uncertainty. Schedules are flexible and we are eager to discuss what works best for you.
Find the job you love – join Right at Home Boston NW today!
*If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time by contacting the location nearest to you. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.Apply Now
Memory Cafe at the Cafe in Lincoln
Right at Home Boston Northwest recently co-sponsored the Memory Cafe in Lincoln held at The Commons in Lincoln.