You can make a difference in the world today by making a difference in the life of one person. As a Homemaker/Companion with Right at Home you will improve the quality of life for a senior citizen by being a companion and assisting them to live safely in the comfort of their home. In this role, you will have the chance to:
- Give back to those who need you most
- Earn competitive pay
Make a difference
You have the intelligence, experience, ambition, and passion to help people with their daily living activities and give peace of mind to the family of those you serve. Working with us will give you financial rewards and flexibility to suit your lifestyle.
As a Homemaker/Companion, you will truly make a lasting difference in the lives of others. We are looking for great talent who can work in a fast-paced environment; who have exceptional skills in communication, and organization; and who love helping people!
What You’ll Do and Who You Are:
You’re the honest, likable, energetic, and approachable type, and are able to get along and communicate easily with people at all levels. You listen well, have great decision-making skills and are passionate about your customer focus. You’re never short of a smile and take real pride in your work as a Homemaker/Companion, by being resourceful, accountable, adaptable and you cope well under pressure, take initiative, and thrive on a challenge.
You don’t mind getting a little dirty … this could include (but is not limited to) assisting with light housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, and other household chores.
Our Homemaker/Companions assist the client in many ways—this could include (but is not limited to) providing medication reminders, transporting to appointments and errands, assisting with prescribed range-of-motion exercises, and companionship activities such as reading, music, puzzles, etc.
- 18+ years of age
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Pass a full employment background check
- Some experience caring for and/or interacting with the elderly or adults with disabilities is a plus.
- Flexibility! We work with you to set your schedule.
- PAID training and development
- Paid travel time in between clients and paid mileage
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental
- Extremely positive work environment
- Access to leadership
- Recognition, celebrations and great team interactions!
Why Join Our Team?
- Hours are flexible, and we are eager to discuss a schedule that works best for you.
- It’s a unique opportunity to improve the quality of life for those we serve
- Our office is locally owned and has been serving Bedford, MA and the surrounding community for over 18 years.
Keep in mind, this is just basic information about a Homemaker/Companion position. You’ll find out more about the job and its requirements after you contact us. Find the job you love – join Right at Home Boston NW today!
*If you need assistance with the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time by contacting us. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.Apply Now
Memory Cafe at the Cafe in Lincoln
Right at Home Boston Northwest recently co-sponsored the Memory Cafe in Lincoln held at The Commons in Lincoln.