Licensed Practical Nurse
Performs nursing care to patient in accordance with an established plan of care that follows Right at Home's policies and procedures and all other laws and relevant professional standards.
- Prepares and records clinical notes and progress notes.
- Observes and reports any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in conditions of the patient and family situation.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures (including administration of treatments and medications) in the care of the patient, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the Custom Care Plan.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Assists the patient with learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the Custom Care Plan.
- Consults the Nursing Supervisor in making judgments or decisions regarding care and treatments.
- Graduate of an approved Practical/Vocational Nursing Program with one year of nursing experience in the past 5 years or completion of an accredited refresher course within the past 2 years.
- Currently licensed and in good standing as a Practical/Vocational Nurse in the state where providing care.
- Knowledge, ability and the necessary skill and judgment to perform all nursing procedures as outlined in the scope of practice in the Nurse Practice Act.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.