Making a Difference
We are looking for dependable, compassionate individuals who have a desire to make a difference in someone else’s life. Being a caregiver can be hard work, but it is extremely gratifying to be able to assist and provide support to someone in need. There are wonderful relationships that often form between Caregivers and their Clients.
Right at Home believes that our Caregivers are the essence of our business, so we strive to make our Caregivers feel appreciated and valued for the important work that they do.
A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Location: Waterloo, IA
Pay Range: $10.25-$11.00/hour Based on Education and/or Experience
- We Offer Flexible Scheduling
- Competitive Pay
- Mileage Reimbursement and Travel Pay
- Annual Reviews
- Merit Raises
- Caregiver and Client Referral Bonuses
Training and Continuing Education Opportunities
- Paid Training Upon Hire
- Paid Quarterly Classes that are Offered on a Variety of Health and Home Care Related Topics
- We want our caregivers to feel comfortable and confident while helping their clients so ongoing training is available to develop their skills.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.