We are currently seeking professional, caring, compassionate individuals with a sincere interest in helping seniors and disabled adults in Eastern Iowa. If you are interested in making a difference in a person's life, we would love to hear from you!
A Personal Care Assistant provides various personal cares such as assisting with bathing, dressing, and toileting as well as companion cares such as meal preparation, medication reminders, light housekeeping, and transportation in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comforts of individuals in their homes.
*CNA experience a plus but not required, we provide training for the right applicant!
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.