Care Coordinator (Brighton, MI)
Join Central Michigan’s Best Care Team
Are you a caring, compassionate person who is a great listener? Would you like to work for a well-respected home care services agency with a reputation for providing superior care to elderly and disabled clients? Are you a hard worker looking for a part-time or full-time job AND a way to make a difference in the life of someone in your community? Do you want a career and not just a job? If so, apply today!
A Care Coordinator performs various activities in supervision of companion and personal care caregivers, client and caregiver visits, oversight of patient care, communicates with staffing coordinators regarding scheduling of client care and client needs, maintenance of client records and employee records, and other office duties as assigned (Care plan entry, updates, Morpho trust printing etc.). Responsibilities include providing care, supervising care, starting new clients (including VA), maintaining records, working as client interface. Responsible for delivering training activities throughout agency as assigned including but not limited to BLS/First Aid/CPR. May be required to participate as a member of the company’s management team and assist with field employee recruiting, interviewing, hiring, in-services, and disciplinary actions, etc. as assigned.
Benefits and Recognition
We offer sign-on and loyalty bonuses, employee referral bonuses, mileage compensation, a 401(k) plan, supplemental insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid on-the-job training, employee recognition programs, access to Right at Home University, CPR/First Aid/BLS, HHA certification, and opportunities for advancement.
About Right at Home of Central Michigan
We are a locally-owned home care services agency that is part of a larger national franchise organization with over 500 locations world-wide. We provide non-medical personal, homemaker and companion care for elderly and disabled adults in their homes. Our motto is "improving the lives of those we serve," and we look for that same kind of passion in each of our team members!
That is why we work hard to attract and retain the best. We fully train, insure, bond and provide workers’ compensation insurance for all of our caregivers. We also match them with the clients who best fit their schedules, personalities, and strengths! Our employees also enjoy competitive pay, benefits, incentives, ongoing training, career developmental opportunities, a supportive work environment, and opportunities for advancement.
- Answers telephone, takes inquiries or messages using good telephone technique.
- Perform client/caregiver introduction and expectation meetings.Provide ongoing supervision.
- Coach, counsel, and discipline caregivers under supervision of owner and Human Resources as needed.
- Performs ClearCare maintenance including notes and care plan entry, changes and updates.
- Communicates continually with associates and clients to evaluate service. Including:
- Making initial service calls to clients and caregivers.
- Making regular home visits (determined by amount of service). Service binder (remove and stock care notes).
- Responds promptly and courteously to all clients’ calls and provides solutions to their situations.
- Performs on-call coordinator duties as needed (TBD).
- Provide care to clients as needed.
- Assist and or conduct assessments/presentations to perspective clients.
- Serves as liaison between associates and Owner/Human Resources.
- Coordinate, direct and supervise in-service and other training.
- Attend appropriate office meetings.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High School graduate or equivalent with two years of business experience, Associates of Bachelors preferred.
- Basic office and computer skills, and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal relations abilities. Excellent telephone skills.
- Managerial skills, including supervisory and organizational skills.
- CNA or equivalent care experience.
- Able to work independently, demonstrating sound judgment.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Be available as required for on-call duty outside of normal office hours.
Works under the direction of the Owner to ensure that outstanding care is provided while achieving financial goals.Apply Today