Join Central Michigan’s Best Care Team
Are you a caring, compassionate person who is a great listener? Would you like to work for a well-respected home care services agency with a reputation for providing superior care to elderly and disabled clients? Are you a hard worker looking for a part-time or full-time job AND a way to make a difference in the life of someone in your community? Do you want a career and not just a job? If so, apply today!
A Homecare Supervisor performs various supervisory activities of employees, client and caregiver visits, and communicates with staffing coordinator regarding scheduling of client care, maintenance of client and employee records and other duties as assigned. Reports to Staffing Coordinator.
Benefits and Recognition
We offer sign-on and loyalty bonuses, employee referral bonuses, mileage compensation, a 401(k) plan, supplemental insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid on-the-job training, employee recognition programs, access to Right at Home University, CPR/First Aid/BLS, HHA certification, and opportunities for advancement.
About Right at Home of Central Michigan
We are a locally-owned home care services agency that is part of a larger national franchise organization with over 500 locations world-wide. We provide non-medical personal, homemaker and companion care for elderly and disabled adults in their homes. Our motto is "improving the lives of those we serve," and we look for that same kind of passion in each of our team members!
That is why we work hard to attract and retain the best. We fully train, insure, bond and provide workers’ compensation insurance for all of our caregivers. We also match them with the clients who best fit their schedules, personalities, and strengths! Our employees also enjoy competitive pay, benefits, incentives, ongoing training, career developmental opportunities, a supportive work environment, and opportunities for advancement.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the assigned field caregivers. Completes assigned caregiver supervisory visits and performance evaluations on the job every 3-6 months or as needed. Completes appropriate documentation including all forms and Clear Care entry. Completes assigned quality assurance client visits, reviews care logs and updates care plans as needed in Clear Care. Documents each visit in Clear Care.
- Ensures high standards of care are maintained for all clients. Assist’s with resolving client’s complaints by identifying problems and coordinating appropriate corrective actions.
- Works in the field with clients and caregivers and attends orientations, in-services and field training for caregivers as assigned or required. Develops a working professional relationship with all caregivers, clients and office staff. Attends appropriate office meetings.
- Responsible for coordinating with Staffing Coordinator on new and existing client schedules with appropriate field employees utilizing caregiver matching. Assists, as necessary, in producing an effective, smooth flowing schedule and introduction. May be required to assess new client referrals for homecare, complete new client introductions and starts, and referral source visits as assigned.
- Be prepared to perform on-call caregiver duties as assigned.
- Assists with field employee recruiting, interviewing, hiring, in-services, and disciplinary actions, etc. as assigned.
- Helps maintain caregiver and client records for the Agency to ensure compliance with record requirements. Completes Clear Care updates and monitors ongoing expiration dates. Maintains assigned employee personnel records for the Agency ensuring compliance with renewal of documentation requirements, unemployment claims, workers’ compensation documentation and other legal or regulatory requirements as required. Helps maintain various office records; i.e., caregiver files, client care plans, client files, insurance and financial client information, etc. as assigned.
- Maintains and tracks needed supplies and items for client homes.
- Implements field employee safety and training programs as assigned.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High school graduate or equivalent with 2+ years of experience.
- Must be available up to 20 hours per week. Able to work independently, demonstrating sound judgment while planning and organizing schedule
- Basic computer skills, excellent analytical and problem solving ability, exceptional organizational strength and outstanding listening, verbal and written communication.
- Appearance, behavior and performance must be professional at all times. Must wear company name badge when with clients/caregivers and representing Right at Home.
- Supervisor must be able to communicate effectively (brief and to the point) to both clients and caregivers in a professional manner.
- Have a valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile.
- Home health experience necessary, CNA experience preferred with knowledge of common medical terminology.
- Read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and professional demeanor.
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.