18th Annual Case Management Conference for Healthcare Professionals
At the 2018 Case Management Conference, healthcare professionals will actively engage with experts to refine and enhance case management skills in order to advocate and mindfully lead patients and families, navigating through complex conditions and changing times.
Right at Home of Central Michigan owner, Barry Paxton stated that this is the 18th Annual conference and Right at Home has been a sponsor for over 12 years. It is a privilege for us to partner with the Michigan State University Nursing program each year to ensure the success of the program. Each year the program brings in nationally recognized senior experts to help us navigate and better understand the complex and rapidly evolving senior health care systems. Many of our referral sources are in attendance including nurses, social workers and case managers. The program this year is sure to be an enlightening success focusing on Mindful Leadership in Case Management:Optimizing Advocacy. We look forward to reconnecting with the numerous, faculty, nursing, skilled home care, independent living, nursing homes and case managers that are in attendance.
Topics Will Include:
- Principles and strategies of an integrated case management approach to reduce risk and improve health outcomes of medically and behaviorally complex patients in practice
- Telehealth interventions applied in case management practice for the benefit of individual patients and specific targeted populations
- Strategies and interventions to support elderly individuals to safely and independently “age in place” within their homes in the community
- Mindfulness skills, practiced and applied for self-care in the professional setting
- Role of case management in the awareness, identification and care of victims and survivors of human trafficking in health care settings
- Pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic alternatives to opioids in chronic pain management
Case studies and interactive strategies are designed to facilitate the transfer of knowledge to action in your clinical practice.
Join colleagues at the 2018 Case Management Conference in this changing healthcare environment and learn practical strategies from nationally recognized experts and providers to care for yourself and those you serve.
- Incorporate the principles and strategies of an integrated case management approach in case examples to achieve reduced risk and improved health outcomes of medically and behaviorally complex patients in practice
- Explore telehealth interventions to apply in case management practice for the benefit of individual patients and specific targeted patient populations
- Explore assistive technology and other strategies to help older adults and people with disabilities maintain or obtain their independence
- Experience and identify mindfulness skills to apply practices for self-care in the professional setting
- Increase awareness/understanding of human trafficking and the role of case management in caring for victims/ survivors of human trafficking
- Identify pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic alternatives to opioids in chronic pain management
Who Should Attend
This conference is designed for registered nurses, social workers, case managers, and other professionals who work in case management across healthcare settings.
Register Online: 2018CMC.eventbrite.com