Personal Care Assistant/Personal Attendent/Nurse Assistant - Waco
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Why it is great to be a caregiver with Right at Home
- Competitive wages
- Short shift, long distance, and acuity level premiums
- Mileage/ hours premium between shifts
- Birthday pay (4 hours part time and 8 hours full time)
- Birthday card and monthly part cake at office
- Employee of the WEEK recognition
- Employee of the year recognition
- Pay advances when the need arises
- C.N.A. Scholarships to qualifying employees
- Back to School supplies event
- Special holiday contests and events
- Client referral bonuses
- Caregiver referral bonuses
- Quarterly paid training
- Computerized training on demand through RAH University
- Uber/ Lyft available (first time free!)
- IRA with 3% match
- Christmas Party
- Summer picnic
- Direct Deposit
- Online schedules accessible 24/7
- Input on client care plans
- Free TX State approved CEUs to maintain CNA certification
- On the job/ case specific training
- Ancillary insurances available through Colonial Life
- Minimal Essential Coverage insurance through Aliera
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.