•Performs personal care duties that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal Hygiene
• Prepare meals and snacks according to instructions.
• Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse which could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
Performs homemaking activities such as vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, washing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry, and cleaning bathrooms.
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. Certificate preferred.
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide Course/Program.
- Student must maintain a 2.5 GPA (good academic standing) at Bridge Valley.
- Possess a current and valid Driver’s License along with reliable transportation including Auto Insurance.
- 18 years of age or older.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Communication and written skills.
- Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the elderly.
- Ability to effectively deal with the demands of the job.
- Basic computer skills.
- Genuine passion for helping others.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and client behavior.
- Primarily works in client’s place of residence.
- Travel required.
- Shift schedules vary with client needs.