Caregivers - Chattanooga
Pay and Benefits:
We believe that our caregivers are the heart of our business. Without you, we couldn’t build meaningful relationships with our clients, put a smile on their face or be the highlight of their day. It is hard to put a price on helping others but we know how important you are and value the impact you would make day in and day out for our clients. In taking this position, you would receive:
- Competitive pay - may vary by location, level of training and type of shift
- Flexible schedules (Shifts can be arranged to fit your schedule)
- 401 (k) retirement plan
- Weekly pay
- Mobile clock in/out
- Work close to home (Serve seniors in your own community)
- Ongoing PAID training and development
- Make a difference, develop meaningful relationships and meet new people
- Give back to those who need you most (our clients need you now more than ever before!)
- Paid travel time in between clients and paid mileage
- Extremely positive work environment
- Access to leadership
- Recognition, celebrations and great team interactions!
In this role, we stand prepared to equip you with the right personal protective equipment (PPE) and are ready to assist as you care for our vulnerable population of seniors and adults with disabilities.
What You’ll Do and Who You Are:
The good news is that your training will teach you everything you need to know to succeed on the job. But there are a few character traits you should have from the get-go. We have a great work culture at Right at Home and look for people with a similar mindset:
You’re the honest, likable, energetic and approachable type, and are able to get along and verbally communicate easily with people at all levels. You listen well, have great decision making skills and are passionate about your customer focus. You’re never short of a smile and take real pride in your work by being resourceful, accountable, and adaptable and you cope well under pressure, take initiative and thrive on a challenge. Integrity is one of your core values as you do not ethically cut corners. You make a great first impression as you are professional and kind in your demeanor and approach.
You don’t mind getting a little dirty … this could include (but is not limited to) assisting the client with homemaking activities, such as vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, laundry, and cleaning bathrooms in ways that provide satisfaction and extraordinary results. During each work shift, the Homemaker/Companion must spend less than 20% of his or her time on general household work.
You establish “partner” relationships with the client by providing companionship during activities such as accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
You don’t have to be a gourmet chef but you can prepare a good meal, work your way around a kitchen and run to the grocery store, if needed.
- High school degree and/or a G.E.D. certificate
- Homemaker Companion must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick, and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job
- Read, write, speak, and understand English with or without reasonable accommodations as needed for the job
- Homemaker Companion must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and be able to safely operate a vehicle in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations with or without reasonable accommodations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees.
Each Right at Home office and business is independently owned and operated under a franchise agreement with Right at Home, LLC. Right at Home, LLC is not the employer or joint employer.Apply Now