A Live-In Home Support Specialist provides support to the elderly or adults with disabilities who wish to receive support to live successfully in our community.
Qualifications / Education: The successful Live-In Home Support Specialist is reliable, energetic, flexible, capable of working both independently and as part of a team, and is a positive role model for Supported Living’s clientele. Qualifications include:
- Position will require a Pennsylvania driver’s license, a good driving record, and your own registered insured vehicle that can ce with you during the case.
- A current 2 step TB test and screen.
- Department of Justice, or criminal background check.
- Personal Assistance: Ability to assist the individual with activities of daily living including bathing, toileting, and other self-help skills.
- Lifting / Physical Demands: Ability to lift 50 or more pounds frequently.
- Challenging Behaviors: Ability and willingness to support individuals with challenging behavior.
- Ability to; read and interpret documents, write specific daily and weekly reports and correspondence, apply mathematical concepts to practical situations, solve complex problems, and to interpret written and verbal instructions is required.
- If you do not have a CNA/HHA certification then you will be asked to obtain a Direct Care Worker Certificate at no cost to you from: http://services.dpw.state.pa.us/pch_comptest/
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Ensures consumer safety in the home and community.
- Assists consumer in achieving the activities of daily living.
- Assists with household duties such as cleaning, cooking, and household management in accordance with the care plan.
- Provides necessary support for consumer to meet personal needs.
- Provides skills training when applicable.
- Maintains current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Participates in all mandatory trainings.
- Responds to crisis in accordance with Right At Home’s policy and training
- Assists consumer with any medical needs or appointments.
- Provides supervision and support to consumer in the home and community.
- Communicates and coordinates services with Staffing Coordinator.
- Develops and maintains written documentation, as requested.
- Complies with Right At Home’s goals, policies, and procedures.
- Makes all decisions based on agency Vision and Values Statement.
- Completes all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Take the care to complete the application, include dates of expirations, check off skills, and preferences and answer all questions. This will expedite the application process.
Purpose of position: The primary focus of the Live-In Home Support Specialist is:
Providing live in support to individuals in their homes and in the community by providing supervision, training, companionship, behavioral support, and other duties as deemed necessary by the consumer or the consumer’s circle of support, including residing with the consumer in their home.
- Crisis Support / Awake overnights as needed
- Ensuring the safety of consumers, and other people involved with the support of the consumer.
- Customer Service