Right at Home North Shore/Chicago Metro Incorporates Change-in-Condition Services to Provide Additional Peace of Mind
To us, Change-in-Condition care is an imperative part of keeping your loved one safe and a proactive way to prevent conditions from worsening. It is a way for us to give families peace of mind knowing their loved one is not only being cared for, but monitored and observed of any declining health behaviors.
What is Change-in-Condition Care?
Our trained caregivers monitor, track and act upon any change in the client's condition:
- Overall Differences
- Eating and Drinking
- Skin Condition/Swelling
Change-in-Condition services can avert preventable hospitalizations or re-admissions– particularly for recovering, high-risk, patient/client.
Right at Home’s proprietary system prompts caregivers to observe patient/client Change-in-Condition at the end of every shift.
Partner With Other Healthcare Professionals
Right at Home partners closely with healthcare professionals focused on:
- Favorable Outcomes of the Patient
- A Good Care Experience
- Lower Total Costs
How Do We Achieve Mutual Care Goals?
All staff and caregivers are thoroughly trained on:
- Five Change-in-Condition categories
- Observation and reporting procedures
We provide an RN assessment of all patients/clients to:
- Establish a baseline condition
- Create a patient-specific Care Plan
Systemized prompting at end of shift:
- Our proprietary software prompts caregivers to note any Change-in-Condition
Observation and Reporting
- All caregiver responses logged
- Positive responses for Change-in-Condition are reported to RN
- Within 24 hours, RN visits patient/client to reassess and verify Change-in-Condition
Protocol and Take Action
- With a verified Change-in-Condition, RAH communicates with the patient/client care stakeholders:
- Social Worker / Discharge Planner
- Case Manager
- Primary Care Physician