Homemaker/Companion (Chicago, IL)
Join Chicago's Best Care Team
At Right at Home Chicago Metro we are a Team made up of dedicated and compassionate individuals who's mission is to Improve the Quality of Life for Those We Serve. If you have a heart and mind to serve, are dependable, detail minded, and have a curiosity about people apply today!
Why Should You Work With Us?
We offer a career path, not just a job. We have robust benefits, training, and support. We care for you the way we want you to care for our clients.
Location: Chicago Metro Area
A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Worker's Compensation Coverage
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Recognition & Rewards
- Benefit Access for:
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Care Reward Points for Cash and Prizes
- Gift Cards
- RaH Swag (Shirts, Bags, and More)
- Featured in Our Caregiver News Letter and Care Rewards Board in the Office
- Acknowledge all Positive Feedback from Clients
Caregiver Referral Program
We offer a combinations of Cash Bonus and Care Reward Points for referring a new Caregiver, with additional money for the referred Caregivers tenure.
Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
- Extensive Orientation
- Returns Skill Training on Hand-washing, Universal Precautions, Safe Transfers, Body Mechanics, and Adult Diapering
- Mentoring Program With Shift Introductions and Specific Client Orientation
- Follow Up Calls and Meetings After First Shift and 30, 60, and 90 Day Mark
- Ongoing Followups with New Assignments
- Monthly Satisfaction Management Calls
- Specialty Training Opportunities
- TULIPS Training (Parkinson's)
- Hospice Care Training
- Cognitive Support Program
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.