Join Chicago's Best Care Team
At Right at Home Chicago Metro we are a Team made up of dedicated and compassionate individuals who's mission is to Improve the Quality of Life for Those We Serve. If you have a heart and mind to serve, are dependable, detail minded, and have a curiosity about people apply today!
Why Should You Work With Us?
We offer a career path, not just a job. We have robust benefits, training, and support. We care for you the way we want you to care for our clients.
Location: Skokie, IL
A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Pay Range: $12.00 - $14.00/hr* (Based on experience)
- Flexible Scheduling
- Worker's Compensation Coverage
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Recognition & Rewards
- Benefit Access for:
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Care Reward Points for Cash and Prizes
- Gift Cards
- Caregiver of the Month/Year
- RaH Swag (Shirts, Bags, and More)
- Featured in Our Caregiver News Letter and Care Rewards Board in the Office
- Acknowledge all Positive Feedback from Clients
Caregiver Referral Program
We offer a combinations of Cash Bonus and Care Reward Points for referring a new Caregiver, with additional money for the referred Caregivers tenure.
Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
- Extensive Orientation
- Returns Skill Training on Hand-washing, Universal Precautions, Safe Transfers, Body Mechanics, and Adult Diapering
- Mentoring Program With Shift Introductions and Specific Client Orientation
- Follow Up Calls and Meetings After First Shift and 30, 60, and 90 Day Mark
- Ongoing Followups with New Assignments
- Monthly Satisfaction Management Calls
- Specialty Training Opportunities
- TULIPS Training (Parkinson's)
- Hospice Care Training
- Cognitive Support Program
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.