Licensed Practical Nurse (Skokie, IL)
Join Chicago's Best Care Team
At Right at Home Chicago Metro we are a Team made up of dedicated and compassionate individuals who's mission is to Improve the Quality of Life for Those We Serve. If you have a heart and mind to serve, are dependable, detail minded, and have a curiosity about people apply today!
Why Should You Work With Us?
We offer a career path, not just a job. We have robust benefits, training, and support. We care for you the way we want you to care for our clients.
Location: Skokie, IL
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) performs nursing care to client in accordance with an established plan of care in accordance with Agency policies and procedures and all other laws and relevant professional standards.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Worker's Compensation Coverage
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Recognition & Rewards
- Benefit Access for:
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Care Reward Points for Cash and Prizes
- Gift Cards
- RaH Swag (Shirts, Bags, and More)
- Featured in Our Caregiver News Letter and Care Rewards Board in the Office
- Acknowledge all Positive Feedback from Clients
Caregiver Referral Program
We offer a combinations of Cash Bonus and Care Reward Points for referring a new Caregiver, with additional money for the referred Caregivers tenure.
Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
- Extensive Orientation
- Returns Skill Training on Hand-washing, Universal Precautions, Safe Transfers, Body Mechanics, and Adult Diapering
- Mentoring Program With Shift Introductions and Specific Client Orientation
- Follow Up Calls and Meetings After First Shift and 30, 60, and 90 Day Mark
- Ongoing Followups with New Assignments
- Monthly Satisfaction Management Calls
- Specialty Training Opportunities
- TULIPS Training (Parkinson's)
- Hospice Care Training
- Cognitive Support Program
- Furnishes services in accordance with Agency policies and the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Prepares and records clinical notes and progress notes.
- Observes and reports any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in conditions of the client and family situation to the Nursing Supervisor and documents such reports and observations in the clinical record.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures, including administration of treatments and medications, in the care of the client, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the Plan of Care.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of clients according to the client care plan.
- Consults the Nursing Supervisor in making judgments or decisions regarding care and treatments.
- Graduate of an approved Practical/Vocational Nursing Program and one year of nursing experience in the past 5 years or completion of an accredited refresher course within the past 2 years.
- Currently licensed and in good standing as a Practical/Vocational Nurse in this State.
- Knowledge and ability and the necessary skill and judgment to perform all nursing procedures as outlined in the scope of practice in the Nurse Practice Act. Understanding of the working team concept and the ability to work under super-vision.
- Meets the requirements for employees providing direct client care.
- Read, write, speak and understand English as needed in the job.
- Must have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile for work or access to adequate transportation.
- Participates in in -service education programs as mandated by State law. (This requirement need not be met exclusively through Right at Home sponsored in-services programs.)
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.