Meal Planning and Preparation
Healthy eating starts with a well-planned, balanced mix of foods every day. Many health issues associated with aging can be improved by eating healthier:
- Diabetes-For some people, malnutrition may bring on diabetes mellitus.
- Falls -Low vitamin D levels have been linked to an increased risk for falling. This may be due to weakened bones that can break spontaneously, or from some other effect of vitamin D on brain function, nerve health, and muscle strength.
- Osteoporosis -Without adequatevitamin D, your bones cannot absorb calcium. This puts you at high risk of developing osteoporosis or fragile bones.
- B Vitamins and Deficiency Symptoms-Vitamin B6 is needed to keep your nerves functioning properly,B12 deficiency can cause severe nerve problems and anemia,Folic acid is a B vitamin that appears to have a protective function against heart disease and cancer.Thiamine (vitamin B1) deficiency damages the outer layer of nerves which can lead to numbness and tingling in hands and feet within months of severe deficiency and may increase your risk of heart failure.
- Dementia -Older adults with dementia are at extra risk for malnutrition since they are unlikely to be able to shop and cook for themselves.Even with a good caregiver, people with dementia sometimes need a lot of help actually finishing their meal.
- Depression -Not only can depression lead to lack of appetite and malnutrition, but being malnourished can bring on symptoms of depression. Also, many older adults take a variety of medicines and some of these alone or interacting with others may bring on a depressive mood.
- Skin Problems and Pressure Ulcers -poor skin health in malnutrition is partly a result of protein deficiency, which leads to a lack of materials in the body with which to carry out repairs of unhealthy tissue. It can also be a response to lack of certain micronutrients such as vitamins B2 or vitamin C.
- Stroke -A healthy diet can reduce your risk for acquiring medical conditions such ashypertension (high blood pressure),diabetes, high lipid levels,coronary artery diseaseandobesity. All of these conditions can increase your chance of getting astroke. Specific diet concerns include low intake of calcium and potassium and high intake of sodium.
We are creatures of habit. As humans we eat the same foods over and over again. The typical person eats the same two or three choices for breakfast, similar snacks, lunches and dinners. The problem occurs when these habits involve unhealthy food choices or improper nutritional intake resulting in a diet consisting of high calories, high fat or sugar consumption, or too many processed foods.
Right at Home caregivers can help with meal planning including grocery shopping as well as meal preparation.
EZ Meal Planning Process
- User Profile - Includes sex, height, weight, age -Sample_One_User_Profile.pdf
- Body Type (Ectomorph, Mesomorph, and Endomorph) ,linked to metabolic differences between individuals -Body_Type_Sample_One.pdf
- Medical Conditions and Family History -Medical_Conditions_Sample_One.pdf
- Activity Level -Types of exercises or activites that individual participates in during the week -Sample_One_Exercise_Plan_Right_Column.pdf
- Set Goal - Weight Loss, Gain or Maintain -Set_Goals_Sample_One.pdf
- Meal Types - 37 Different Meal Types influenced by items 1-5 above -Meal_Type_Sample_One_-_Heart_Healthy_Living.pdf
- Meal Plans - Foods for each meal of the day and 7 days per week ,Heart_Healthy_Living_Sample.pdf
- Weekly Grocery List - Combines ingredients for 21 meals into a shopping list -Heart_Healthy_Living_Sample_Weekly_Grocery_List.pdf
Best of all, our clients and/or their families haveconvenient access to meal plan and grocery list recommendations in minutes through a personal web portal or a smart phone app.The value of being able to access meal plan recommendations designed by clinical experts is only second to meeting them face to face.
Meals Plans Available
Popular Weight Loss Plans
Disease Prevention & Control
Special Needs & Interests
Food Allergy & Sensitivities
Low Carbohydrate Plans
Call our local office today to find out more about EZ Meal Planning - (630) 879-1965 or Email - email@example.com
***This program is not intended to replace the expert advice of a medical practitioner and is not designed to treat diseases of any kind. Users of this program or product assume all risk. Right at Home, its owners or any related parties assume no liability of any kind. ***