Choosing the Right In-Home Care Provider
We know the importance of finding the right home care for yourself or a loved one. That’s why at Right at Home, we take the time to get to know our clients. We ask about health history and physical abilities, and also want to understand daily routines, personal lifestyles, and preferences. We do this to provide the level of expert care and personal companionship our clients need to live successfully wherever they call home.
Let’s start talking about living.®
12 Questions To Ask When Choosing an In-Home Care Provider
It’s important for you to ask questions, too! We’ve prepared some questions you may want to ask when considering the right caregiving partner.
- Why should I choose an agency instead of hiring a caregiver myself?
- Will the same caregiver come to my home?
- Will you provide a qualified replacement if my caregiver is unable to make a shift?
- Are your caregivers trained before they are assigned to homes?
- Do all of your caregivers undergo rigorous criminal, abuse registry and reference background checks?
- Are your caregivers bonded/insured?
- Does the company conduct supervisory home visits to verify quality care is being provided?
- What types of activities do you do with clients?
- What is your approach if a client refuses to do what the caregiver asks?
- How flexible are you if I need to change my schedule?
- How often do you review my care plan?
- How do you include the family in care decisions?
Why Choose Right at Home
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for those we serve, and we’ve been doing this for more than 25 years. Right at Home is a leader in helping families navigate their unique aging journey.
We take the stress out of finding a caregiver. You do not need to schedule interviews, check references, or worry if you’ve made the right decision for yourself or a loved one. With Right at Home, you’ll know your caregiver is licensed, bonded/insured, and trained before ever stepping foot into your home. Should your needs change over time, we have the caregiving team and resources to adjust quickly to continue to meet your in-home care needs.