Join a fun and friendly team of individuals dedicated to improving the life of others. The PCA provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Why is Right at Home Cincinnati the Right Fit For You?
Right at Home Provides Excellent Incentives
Depending on employment status (part-time or full-time employee), our incentives include:
► Competitive Salary ► Health Insurance ► 401(k) savings plan
► Life Insurance/AFLAC ► Flexible scheduling options ► Weekly pay/Direct deposit
► Paid time off (full time employees) ► Sign-on bonus ► Regular Performance bonus
► Paid orientation held weekly ► Start ASAP
Fast $150 - $300* Sign-On Bonus (*After 80-160 Hours worked)
Refer a Friend as a Caregiver - $150 Referral Bonus
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.