Do you have experience caring for the elderly and love it? We are looking for compassionate people to assist clients in their homes with personal care, meals, housekeeping, transportation, and companionship.
— Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
• Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
— Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
— Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
• Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
• Reinforcement of dressings
• Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
• Measuring and preparing special diets
• Taking vital signs
• Application of an external catheter
— Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.