A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Adheres to Right at Home policies and procedures.
- Performs work under the supervision of the Staffing Coordinator/Operations Manager.
- Performs homemaking activities contained in the Client Home Record which includes, but is not limited to: vacuum-ing, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, laundry, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks for client according to client/family and supervisor’s instructions.
- May perform grocery shopping, if prearranged with the office.
- Provides companionship for the client including accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- The homemaker is responsible for written documentation of service provided.
- The homemaker should not contact the physician directly, but rather refer all questions or reports to the supervisor.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- The Homemaker/Companion shall have successfully completed a written Competency Evaluation.
- Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick, and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile for work or access to adequate transportation.
Primarily works in client’s place of residence, travel required. Shift times and days vary with client needs.