Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Minimum one year documented experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- HCA number
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Current TB test